Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday of Thanksgiving week

Because I had the opportunity (working on Thanksgiving morning) a number of new contacts have been added. About 5 plus hours on Thanksgiving and again today. So even though I got a late start on Tuesday, the Lord has blessed me with a 5 a day total for the week of 25 (actually 26 - 1 to be listed on Monday though contact has already been made).

This in the midst of three lively grandchildren today and a houseful of 14 for dinner and the afternoon on Thanksgiving Day. I finally had to send a few home when it was getting past my bedtime (since I rose at 2 am today).

Additionally the Fontanini figures representing Gabriel's announcement to Mary that she was the chosen Mother of the Savior have been taken to church and set up for this weekend. More for each of the weeks ahead through Jan. 6 (Epiphany - the visit of the wise men).

Stress --- accompanied by my Charile Brown characters sweatshirt for a lighter touch.

I think there's a call tonight so will see about a break away from guests to join in. Wednesday night I cut out of the church service about 10 minutes before it ended so I could call in.

But you should have been in on Tuesday night. A table before me held two notebooks. My land phone with headset was on this call and my cell phone on the other ear at the same time was in on my long time favorite call with Dr. Bob. Believe it or not, I was able to listen to both calls and take appropriate notes on the separate calls on their respective notebooks, Glad it could work!!

1 comment:

Ginny Dye said...

Great work Gaylord!! I love that you fulfilled your commitment, even though you got a late start. Way to go!

Ginny