Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jan 29

Greetings as we approach the end of January...

Yesterday included three tooth extractions and upper and lower partials in place.

The travel is an hour each way.

The work day starts with getting out of bed at 2 am
I leave the "job" work-place at 1 pm
Get home, have lunch, turn on the TWCCTW computer... and it's approaching 2 pm

This whole dental plan toward getting some grinders requires travel to and from Green Bay.
an hour each way...
plus a bit of wait time on the site
Then the actual time in the "chair" of attention with doctors and assistants gets added in...

and last night a voice said "How many teeth does that man have?"
So, my co-worker, it's not the number of teeth but what needs to be done and all the peripherals that take (1) too much travel, (2) too much time away from WCRBC (3) add their own brand of pain and aggravation, etc.

While, I continue to get contacts, ...the notes above relate the difficulty in time for follow-up.
That's with an 8 pm bed-time so that 6 hours later I can do it all again.

And not being able to follow-up as I would like has me contemplating adjustments for the future. Practicalities that will incorporate the many things tried and learned through this great opportunity called boot camp will be put to work.

I'm glad for what I'm learning and have learned. I see plans for steady progress in the future.
Thanks to Ginny and Jacki for all they have put into WCRBC.

I still look forward to a day without a "j-o-b" or with a lot fewer hours so that I can more closely emulate the co-workers who can give their day primarily to TWCCTW. Hooray!!!!

So... on with the show. Keep pressing on. Keep the eye on the goal and the shoulder to the grind stone.

and bless you all
our World Changer is the best we've ever offered

1 comment:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Gaylord,

When I consider what it would be like to be doing Boot Camp with a job and with a child and with myself and with life, it feels like overwhelm. Throw in extreme dental work like you and you have me ever so proud of you for sticking it out, for going the mile, for making the effort; and, beyond that, since you've been with Together We Can Change The World from the beginning, you and your wife, and the entire TWCCTW team have my utmost respect and appreciation. Hang in there ;-).